Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Symbol of Eternity

The wedding ring. I love my wedding ring. Real or not. After being married a little over a year, Adam and I went to get my ring cleaned. While we were there, we were informed that my ring... Was a fake. I thought Adam was going to faint there in the store as he had spent a good penny on it. He, had been scammed. While the news was shocking to me, my thoughts and empathy were with Adam. The shock, fear, anger and nausea he must have felt were heart wrenching. But the fact that my ring wasn't real didn't seem to bother me all that much. Perhaps it should have but the fact is, I still loved that ring. I still do. The stones get cloudy quickly, it has some small scratches. But that ring will always be special. Adam took a lot of time, thought and care into finding me the 'perfect' ring. 

But it's not about the ring. It's about person who got it for you. The love that was put into finding it. I remember when he proposed. (How could I forget, we have it recorded). When he pulled out that ring and asked me to marry him and I said yes the first thing we did was kiss. The ring waited. I didn't really notice that until his mom pointed it out. Stating I knew what was really important. I love my ring because of what it symbolizes. My eternity with Adam.  

No comments:

Post a Comment