Sunday, August 5, 2012

Missing Idaho

Since I grew up in one town and in one house for the majority of my life, I never knew it possible to miss a place so much.  We only lived in Idaho for a year, but I definitely left a piece of my heart there.  I miss the scenery, and the beautiful seasons.  I miss our friends.  I miss it all.  I fell in love with Idaho.

Honestly, when we first moved there, I wasn't too sure about it.  I wondered if we had made a mistake. But, after a couple of months, that "mistake" turned into a dream.  I couldn't believe how lucky we were to live there.

When we decided to move back to St. George, it was because we felt that our need to be there had ended.  For what ever reason we moved there had been accomplished and it was time to move on.

We haven't been back since we moved.  But, someday, we'll go back.  I'd love to move back.  But, there's no way I could now, with Alister.  I couldn't take my parents first grandchild away.  And, Bob and Kathy's other two grandchildren live in Florida.

But, no matter how much I miss Idaho, I'm so glad to be living where I know the Lord wants us to be right now.  Who knows if this is where we will stay or if we'll move far away one day.  If we move one day, then great.  If we stay in Cedar City, then that's great, too.  As long as we are where we are suppose to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment