Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Fear God More then Man

There has been a bit of chatter on Facebook lately about Mormons and whether or not we should support gay-marriage. At first, I didn't want to get involved.  I thought, "People know my stance." But, maybe you don't and I'm just being ignorant. So, here it goes.

First of all, I don't write this to be confrontational. I write to be educational and share my knowledge and testimony. If you've been to church with me the last few years, you probably know that when it comes to gospel discussion, I can become very passionate. Not in a bad way, I just have a lot to say and become overwhelmed with the spirit that I can't help but raise my hand over and over and express my thoughts. The older I get, the braver I get. I think. Maybe not. I like to think I have anyway. Which is why I cannot sit idly by. My desire to prove to my Heavenly Father that I will stand for what's right is strong and I will not let the fear of man sway me otherwise.

Back on June 26 2015, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints came out with this statement.


“The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints acknowledges that following today's ruling by the Supreme Court, same-sex marriages are now legal in the United States. The Court's decision does not alter the Lord's doctrine that marriage is a union between a man and a woman ordained by God. While showing respect for those who think differently, the Church will continue to teach and promote marriage between a man and a woman as a central part of our doctrine and practice.”

It has been this way since Adam and Eve. 


Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him ; male and female created he them.


Genesis 2:18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.


Define help meet: “Help” is translated from a combination of two Hebrew roots, one meaning to rescue or save, and the other meaning to be strong. “Meet” is translated from a Hebrew word suggesting suitable and equal. Thus, a “help meet” is a suitable and equal companion possessing power to save. Mainly a husband or wife.

Genesis 2:21-23

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from nam, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

God made woman out of man. Not because she is lesser in anyway. Note, that the Lord God took out a rib from Adam's side. Making him and Eve equals and companions. Adam and Eve were also married in the Garden of Eden by Heavenly Father for time and all eternity.

So, God created man in his own image. He created woman to be a companion to man. Since the beginning,  marriage between Man and Woman has been sacred and only between a man and woman.

Like the church stated, I show respect towards others whose opinions differ from my own. And I will continue to do so because we all have our freedom to choose. So I ask, isn't only fair that you let me have my own opinion and show respect towards me? Even still, these teachings come from God and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I will continue to Stand and show them that I fear them more then man. That I love them most. Much more then the views and opinions of man.

I truly believe that marriage is only suppose to be between a man and woman. That it is a sacred covenant between you, your spouse and the Savior. And I believe this will never change. The Lord God does not change for mans views. He is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment