Sunday, June 17, 2018

100

This is blog number 100!

Wow, kind of hard to believe that I've written that many and you haven't gotten sick of me yet.

So, as I sit here, contemplating on what to write number 100 on, I can't help but think, why. Why do I continue to write? Is it really helpful to anyone? Or, is it only therapeutic for me? Is it worth continuing?

Well, let me answer those questions.

I continue to write because I love it. Especially because when I write, I almost feel some kind of inspiration and words just flow out onto the keyboard. I'm not much of creative writer, except poetry which I haven't done in years. But, writing about my life, writing about my family and writing about my opinions and my faith in Jesus Christ. There is still a sense of freedom to be me through written words.

I believe it's helpful for others because they have told me so. I have received personal messages before for thanks on specific posts. I'm not bragging, but it certainly is a motivator to keep going.

It is definitely therapeutic for me. It is calming and freeing to write what is on my mind. I learn about myself when I write. So, really, I should do it more often.

Worth continuing? Absolutely. I not only write for me, but for others. Like I mentioned, when I write I feel inspiration. What I mean by that, is I feel lead by the Lord. I am certain that there are certain blogs I've written, mostly my ones on mental health, that He lead me to write. Because I didn't want to at first. But I kept feeling this push in my soul to write them. And people responded well to those. I believe my Savior loves it when I share my testimony through my blogs. I always feel peace when I do it. In fact, I think I'll do that now.

To my audience, I want to share with you my testimony of a loving Heavenly Father. I am confident in my heart, mind and soul that He is real. He is watching over us. He loves each and everyone of us.  I witness that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He did die for us upon a cross that we might be able to live with him again. He longs for us to come Home. I believe that the Holy Ghost, if we invite him, will be our constant companion. Those little quiet thoughts you have to say or do something kind for someone else, that is the Holy Ghost. Listen to him. Because you never know what kind of influence you have on their life. I believe in the power of prayer. That even when we can't feel God's spirit, He is listening. When we pray in faith, powerful experiences can happen. Miracles. I believe in The Book of Mormon. That it's words are true and that Joseph Smith translated them for us to use today. I believe Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ in a grove. I believe that I am a daughter of God. That He loves me and that He loves you. I say these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

~

I believe that we all have a purpose in this life. Many really. And I believe one of mine is to reach people through my thoughts and words. Which is why I continue to write. And I will continue until I feel it's no longer necessary.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment