Tuesday, June 21, 2016

My Confession

Depression. Anxiety. I've got it. I have dealt with depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. It's part of who I am. There's a lot to say and stories I could tell. And I will one day. But one step at a time.

I have debated on posted this for a long time. Maybe a year or longer. But just thinking about being open and public about it gave me anxiety. Go figure. But yesterday I watched a video where Elder Holland talks about depression. And it really touched me. And I thought, "I'm tired of hiding. I'm tired of pretending. I'm tired of suffering silently. I'm just... Tired." Depending on the severity of my depression phase, it is literally physically draining. I have finally reached the point where I am just plain tired of the stigma society has placed on me. I'll talk more about that in another blog post. 

Right now, I just need to be open and honest with everyone who knows me. It is important, I believe, for me to heal. For me to truly humble myself. For humility is key in letting The Savior heal your soul. And boy, do I need healing. So yes, expect me to talk more about this subject. And hopefully, through sharing this part of me, you will see change in me. A change of healing of heart and soul. 

Depression. Anxiety. Yeah. I've got those. I've got those bad. But you know what? That's ok. 

I'm ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment