Sunday, July 15, 2012

Alister Pratt Briggs

At around 12:30 am July 2nd, I was telling Adam that I believed I was having contractions.  (I mostly had back labor, so I wasn't completely sure).  Seconds later, I was going to stand up when my water broke.  :)  I looked at Adam, told him, and he got very excited.  We packed up and made the 45 minute drive down to St. George.  A very relaxing drive, let me tell you.  At around 1:30 am, we were in labor and delivery.  Adam called our parents and they came to the hospital.

I had planned on going all natural, and I fought with the pain for quite a while.  I eventually gave into the epidural, though.  And, I must say, it is so weird to be numb from the waste down.  I couldn't roll over by myself.

They had me start pushing late morning, then we took an hour break.  At noon I started pushing again... for the next two hours.  At 1:47 pm, our little baby boy came into the world.

Alister gave us a scare, though.  The umbilical cord wrapped around his neck at the last minute... twice.    NICU had to rush in to help Alister breath again.  Let me tell you, those first few minutes were the scariest of probably my entire life.  Then, we finally heard a cry and we, of course, balled.  Our little boy was okay.  :)  I had to wait almost an hour before I got to hold Alister.  That was... an unbelievable moment.

He was born at 6lbs. 12oz. and 19 inches long.  He has brown hair and squished ears like his mom.  I think he looks a lot like his dad.  He had long fingers and toes and fairly big hands.  We believe he is going to be tall like Adam.  :)


NICU


Skin to Skin



Grandma Daniel & Alister
First Grand Baby


Grandpa Daniel & Alister


Going Home

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Corrine! Alister is such a cutie. Fred and I am so happy for you and Adam. I am so glad everything turned out ok.
    PS I am sending your present tomorrow. sorry it has taken me so long. 8)

    ReplyDelete